2016 INTRASQUAD COMPETITION
The Wisconsin Gymnastics Club presents the 2016 Intrasquad Competition: RED vs. WHITE on March 6th at 1 pm. Join us to watch your favorite athletes compete for the crown! The competition will have three subdivisions. Times are subject to change.
Women's competitive division (1 pm)
The women's competition will be a judged intrasquad competition. Wisconsin athletes are divided into two teams. Alli Tran, Emma Babler, Liz Scovil, Marni Sarazen, and Michelle Cagney will represent TEAM RED. Ellen Gustafson, Jen Rich, Jessa Justen, Katie Herrmann, and Shannon Ryan will represent TEAM WHITE. Each team score will consist of the twelve highest individual scores with a minimum of two per event.
Women's classic division (3:30 pm)
The women's classic division will be an exhibition meet held following the intrasquad. A tentative roster includes Alex Polach, Becca Wilson, Ceci DeMarco, Erika Wilson, Joe McKee, Lily Parkinson, Sarah Carlson, Sabrina Kabakov, Sydney Tishim, Yuliia Kapeliushna, and more!
Men's division (3:30 pm)
The men's division will be an exhibition meet on floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, and vault held at the same time as the women's classic division. A tentative roster includes Aaron Wright, Austin Meyer, Jake Melvin, Justin Ye, Kevin Quinn, Kieran Nichols, Matt Lammers, Nick Farago, Stavros Skoufis, Tony Maniscalco, Tyler Okonek, Zach Lehmann, and more!
Admittance will cost $4 for UW students or $7 for guests. BGA and Special Olympics athletes enter free of charge. Vintage club apparel, official Intrasquad shirts, and UW leotards will also be for sale. Items and sizes limited by availability. Click here for full inventory and catalog.
Sunday, March 6th
01:00 pm Doors open
01:30 pm Women's competitive division
03:30 pm Intermission
03:45 pm Men's and women's classic divisions
05:30 pm Conclusion
March 7th, 2016
Thanks for everyone that made it out to our Intrasquad and to all of our athletes who competed! We will work on making the video available in the video archive on the files tab of the website. Routine videos have already been uploaded.
This competition is our last event before Nationals in Sacramento, CA. If you are interested in helping us reach our goal of sending 26 students to Nationals, considering donating on the donations tab above or purchasing a t-shirt. We still have the team RED intrasquad shirts (M, L) and WHITE intrasquad shirts (S, M, L). We will also work on making an online order form for leotards.
Athletes, I will pass score sheets back at practice next week. Great job today! Using NAGIC rules for team qualification, the competitive women's team score would have been 137.875, close to our goal of 139.50! The men's and women's exhibition athletes also did a fantastic job. Thanks to our judges, Steph, Jenn, and Austin!
March 5th, 2016
Intrasquad is tomorrow! Here are some last minute updates and reminders:
1. Admission will cost $4 for UW students and $7 for guests. BGA athletes and children under 10 get in free. We will also be selling vintage club apparel, official Intrasquad shirts, and UW leotards, in addition to concessions. Unfortunately, we can only accept cash or check.
2. Parking may fill up at the Badger Gymnastics Academy lot. If necessary, there is limited parking at the apartment complex across the street.
3. If you are coming from campus, route 7 departs from the southwest side of campus around 12:05 pm and arrives less than half a mile from Badger Gymnastics Academy.
March 5th, 2016
With exclusive rights from the UW Athletics department, we will be selling official University of Wisconsin gymnastics leotards tomorrow. The leotard is a black GK scoop back nylon/spandex tank leo. To see the new design, click here or in the link on the description above. Make sure to order yours at the competition tomorrow! The leotard will cost $37 if ordered at the Intrasquad tomorrow, and turn around time is approximately 3-4 weeks. We will also look into setting up an online store for ordering. Stay tuned for that!
March 1st, 2016
In addition to vintage club apparel, we will also be selling team shirts at the competition. Get yours to support team red or team white! There are only 20 of each color, so make sure to get to the competition a little early! The cost will be $22, and the shirt includes official indicia of UW athletics. See the new design by clicking here or on the link in the description above.
March 1st, 2016
If you are going to the Intrasquad competition, you should have received an email from Matt last night. If you did not get it, let him know. In short, please complete the following:
1) Indicate if you need a ride on the "Transportation" sheet of the Google Sheet linked here. Cars will pick up from the usual SERF and Porter boathouse locations at 11:40 am. All athletes are expected to help with set up at 12 pm. Also indicate if you are able and willing to pick up chairs from the Nat at 11:30 am. Speak with Matt for details.
2) Confirm that you will be competing the listed events in the "Roster" sheet of the Google Sheet linked above. If there are any changes, please let Matt know immediately. To confirm, please place an "X" in the appropriate column.
3) Sign up for shifts for working the admissions table, the apparel sale, or the bake sale on the Google Sheet linked above. Comprehensive instructions will be provided. Make sure to check the email for a full itinerary to make sure that your sign up does not conflict with competition times or other commitments.
Intrasquad promo 2
February 29th, 2016
Intrasquad promo 1
February 6th, 2016
The Intrasquad competition is only one month away! Please make sure to RSVP on the Facebook event here, and don't forget to invite family and friends. We greatly appreciate your support.
Check out the promotional video here for the women's competitive intrasquad, courtesy of Jake Melvin, and check back soon for a promo featuring our men's and women's exhibition competitors.